4 pounds lean boneless pork shoulder (cut into 1/2 diameter cubes).
1 pound pork fat (cut into dime size pieces).
5 tsp canning salt
1/2 tsp. dried parsley
1 tsp rubbed sage
1 1/4 tsp black pepper
1 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 1/4 tsp coriander
1 1/4 MSG
1 1/4 cayenne red pepper
- Process the seasonings in a food processor until thoroughly blended, let the dust settle before opening lid (very potent).
- Mix the fat pieces and lean pieces together, then gradually add the seasonings and toss thoroughly, refrigerate for at least an hour before continuing.
- for best results chill the grinder pieces also.
- Grind seasoned pork once through a sausage plate, then mix by hand.
- package sausage as desired and freeze (I make patties, and freeze them on cookie sheets, then bag in zip bags after frozen)